Cook Your Way to Fighting Chronic Pain
May 15, 2018
While Texas Pain Management Institute provides top of the line medical care for chronic pain sufferers, we also know the importance of living an overall healthy lifestyle that includes diet and exercise. That’s why we have created a free e-book, The Power of Healing Food, so that you have quick, pain-reducing recipes at hand.
Before you download our e-book, taste a sample from our pages with this Kale Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap.
Why did we choose a kale-inspired recipe? Because kale contains antioxidants, flavonoids, carotenoids, and Vitamin C, which fight inflammation. Using anti-inflammatory ingredients in your meals is a simple and tasty way to combat your chronic pain.
Additionally, kale is loaded with omega–3 fatty acids that help combat arthritis (www.greenblender.com). Not only is Kale loaded with antioxidants, it is one of the top sources for Vitamin K that significantly reduces inflammatory markers in the blood (www.arthritis.org).
If you enjoyed learning about the benefits of kale, our e-book is chock full of helpful insights around pain-relieving foods as well as some pain-reducing kitchen supplies.
Kale Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
Get a taste of how you can utilize this delicious, healthy ingredient with our Kale Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap recipe below!
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 8 ounces grilled chicken, thinly sliced
- 6 cups curly kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ coddled egg (cooked about 1 minute)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Lavash flat breads or two large tortillas
- In a bowl, combine the half of a coddled egg*, minced garlic, mustard, honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Whisk until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Add desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Add the kale, chicken and cherry tomatoes and mix with the dressing and ¼ cup of the shredded parmesan.
- Lay out the two lavash flatbreads. Place equal amounts of the salad onto the two wraps and sprinkle each with ¼ cup of parmesan.
- Roll up the wraps and cut in half. Serve immediately
*How to coddle an egg: Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once the water begins to boil, place egg into boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and place in bowl of ice water.